View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 03, 2005, 02:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoSteve
You're right, the two situations that you gave have nothing to do with anything. Both infractions occured while the ball was alive. In 1) the ball has to be put back in play (making it a live ball) prior to an appeal. In 2) it is enforcing a penalty which was derived from a continous live action play. Neither one occured during a dead ball. As you stated, check rule 5-2-2.

Steve in sunny San Diego
Steve: One minor correction: In FED the ball does not have to be made alive for either the coach or a player to make an appeal.

Second: I have it on good authority that the NFHS is going to release an official interpretation that will support an umpire who calls out the runner for interference during a dead ball if it assists the runner in running the bases.

Everyone I've talked to understands that the rule is, not ambiguous, but wrong. They're going to fix it, so I'm told.

Hey, don't be bragging about "sunny" California as if you were the only ones with good weather in December. I have a triple-header tomorrow; double-header Sunday. 18u seeding tournament.

Expected highs are 88 both days with partly cloudy skies and winds from the south at 10-15 mph. (So says WeatherBug.)

[Edited by Carl Childress on Dec 3rd, 2005 at 08:04 AM]