View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 07:12pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Come on, JR. Relax. . . breathe. Lemme stick up for my Boston compadre. All Massref is saying is what we tell each other in the last minute of every game. If we have a foul, let's make sure it really fits the game and the situation; b/c if we make a mistake, there's no room for the team to compensate later in the game. Massref is just applying it to the end of the season, rather than the end of the game. If we have a flagrant foul, by all means, let's call it; but let's make sure it really is flagrant, b/c if we make a mistake, there's no room for the team to compensate later in the season.
Chuck, I really don't need somebody coming in here to tell me to use "common sense" or to lecture me on how I should use "discretion". Believe it or not, I didn't fall off of a turnip truck yesterday, wander into a gym, and say "Hey, I wanna be one of them there referee guys".

Telling anybody to use discretion when calling a flagrant foul just because a player might end up suspended just completely rubs me the wrong way too. To be quite honest, all that shows me is an official who is a little short in the sack department. A flagrant foul is a flagrant foul.