Thread: Knees
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 28, 2005, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Surprisingly, I have not encountered any knee pain due to umpiring in the last two years. I say surprisingly because I have had three knee operations on a right knee that has caused considerable pain in the past.

For those of you who have bad knees or joints, I would recommend something that has worked very well for me. Glucosamine and Chondrotin are sold in many different joint remedies and on the recommedation of my Ortho's PA, I started taking it after recurrent partially debilitating knee pain on my right knee.

The Glucosamine and Chondrotin pills that I have taken have been incredibly effective at reducing the amount of pain in my knees. I no longer go through two or three weeks of sometimes agonizing pain from my knee (to the point where I almost couldn't walk or take stairs) and I recover better after physical exertion.

Glucosamine and Chondrotin may or may not work for you, but if you have recurrent joint pain I strongly recommend that you try it. It has worked wonders for me and I will never stop taking it. Your mileage may vary.

p.s. I get mine at Costco for about as cheap as I have seen it.
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates