View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 28, 2005, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

"2. I have run out of adjust room on the top strap of the back plate. There is a small space between my forehead and the forehead pad that I can't get rid because I've run out of adjustment. Tightening the side straps fixes this problem, but it at the expense of a too tight fit on the chin. I've considered cutting the top pad (which restricts the top strap adjustment) to allow more room, but I'm reluctant to make this permanent change."

If I read what you wrote correctly, there should be a gap of at least a 1/4" between the helmet and the back piece. If you read the directions that came with the mask, I believe that they describe how the back piece should fit in relation to the rest of the mask and there should be a gap.
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates