View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 08:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
I am truly dumbfounded by Carl's response. You actually took the time to justify your opinion with excerpts from a TOME AUTHORED BY YOU!

I think we can end all of this now, I will support all of my rulings with the manual I distribute at any of my umpire clinics. That makes as much sense.

Windbag,

Reasonable people can disagree with Carl's opinions. I'll be the first to say that I'd call the runner out for missing home plate. But who am I?

The fact remains however, that several publishers have risked their money to take Carl's works and put them into print, in either book or magazine form. Like it or not, Carl has built up a reputation over the years as someone who knows something about baseball and those opinions have been accepted by some subset of the baseball community.

What books or magazine articles have been published by the Windbag? What verifiable credentials does the Windbag have? Other than as an outstanding troll on an internet board, the answer is ZILCH. You're such a coward that you cannot even identify yourself. Carl has verifiable credentials. That's why Carl has earned the right to quote his works when buttressing his position and you've earned nothing but the scorn of your readers. For all we know, you're nothing but a Little League umpire with good writing skills.