View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 21, 2005, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member

Yep, but you know what? I had them in a quarter-final playoff and he and his staff were extremely professional. I was warned to keep the team at bay and it was no issue.

I nipped it in the bud quickly and didn't even mention it (but then again, they were the away team). My association handled the specific situation and we were assured it wouldn't happen again.

But in the playoff I told the coach an hour after we arrived which was still an hour before the game (2 hours total of pre-Game time) that we as a crew made 2 points of emphasis in our pre Game conference and they were game control and sideline control and I asked that he would please abide by our desire to have a well-controlled game. He was more than cooperative. It starts with communication and hopefully it extends to turkey day. (And, they lost in the playoff by the way)

*** Call me a "suck-up" or anything else if you want but I said (and don't regret the words I used) "coach, this means a lot to your kids and we don't want any parts of throwing coaches or players out of this game due to stupid stuff. So let's please keep the players in the team box and communicate with each other." Believe me they were appreciative and it went a very long way to being a well-controlled game. I'm sure we made mistakes in officiating but hey I'm not Ed Hocculi or Gerald Austin and don't pretent to be. Like I said you guys call me what ever you want but it worked...which is all I could ask for.

What ever works baby!

*** - Basically I was told these guys were extremely hard to control so get on them early, hence my unusual actions. BTW - last year this same game had 27 penalties, most personal fouls.

[Edited by ljudge on Nov 21st, 2005 at 08:54 PM]