Thread: NBA Camps
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 21, 2005, 12:38am
Official Forum Member

I have been to IIOC in Murfreesboro, Tennessee which is the launching pad for young officials wanting to get into the college ranks, and every instructor is an NBA official. We had about 10 to 12 there this year. This is a really good camp. Costs about $550

I also attended Bob Delaney's camp. He only takes 12 people at the most for one session. We only had 4 of us so the instruction is very personal and one on one. You also get to ref pro players. When I went this summer I got to ref to the likes of Tayshaun Prince, Chauncey Billups, Al Harrington, Tyrone Lue, Jarred Jefferies to name a few. This is truly an unbelieveable camp. You get to watch the NBA's official training tapes, and tapes of handling coaches and how it should be correctly done. If you are lucky or in my case not so lucky Joe Borgia (Director of officiating programs and referee development) will walk in on you working a game. The last night we were there we got to go to Bob's house and meet his family. It is unbelieveable how much the NBA has impacted him and his family. This camp runs a little expensive though at about $1200.