View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 17, 2005, 12:24pm
Huck Finn

Re: Re: Upon further review....

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Am I missing something here? When the video starts, there's only 2 officials in view. The 3rd. official never does show up anywhere. The only thing I can figure is that either they were going with 2 for some reason or the play started off a side-line throw-in administered by the trail and the trail never did get back into camera view. Either way, with that little time left in a half, why was the C (or if he was actually the trail if there was only 2) out at the top of the arc and right on the sideline instead of getting down lower for a better view of the shot, rebound, tap,etc.?

Comments?
I don't see how he could have thought he was trail. Bad C is the only explanation, imho.
I think there probably was a trail. The C wasn't too high or out of position. I will say, his feet looked like they were in cement. But, in this part of the country, the old philosophy of the C getting lower is outdated. Going lower can actually be a worse angle than being above the free-throw line extended. It is called being a mini trail or having the trail mentality. Either way, the C's only problem is that he looked like he was planted. I just looked at it a couple more times and he isn't out of position for an ACC official, but he is definately planted.