View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 12, 2005, 12:47am
Official Forum Member

You have to go immediately to your nearest running-specialty store. An Oshmans or the like won't do -- you need something that caters to runners.

Last week, I purchased some insoles for my Reebok ref shoes. I originally planned to purchase black running shoes, but I couldn't find the ones I needed for my style of feet (high arch; underpronation). So, the guy at the store said get whatever shoe felt comfortable, has reasonably good support in my problem areas (heel/achiles), and bring them in. Not 100% sure the Reebok was the absolute best shoe for me, but I bought them because I needed something quickly for a scrimmage.

Anyway, took them in to the store as requested and came away with "Arch Plus" insoles from a company called Sof Sole. These soles are as good or maybe even better than my Mizuno running shoes (the best I've ever ran with) and make a night and day difference with the Reeboks.

You may have a different foot issue, but even so, check out the custom soles and do so at a running store, not at Walgreens. For heavens sakes, don't spend hundreds trying out 5 different pairs of shoes when you can spend $20 and change out the insoles.