View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 11, 2005, 01:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
First of all there is really no such thing as a moving screen. That is just a pet peeve of mine, ignore my comments.
Ok, we'll ignore the comments, because there really is such a thing as a moving screen and it can be legal, too!

Quote:
SECTION 39 SCREEN

ART. 6 . . . When screening an opponent who is moving in the same path and direction as the screener is moving, the opponent is responsible for contact if the screener slows up or stops.
I know you know this, and I know what you meant. I just didn't want any newbies to take you literally.
The rulebook does not use the term "moving screen." There is not such definition as "moving screen" either. The point is the usage of the term "moving screen" does not tell anyone that the screen is legal or illegal. A screen can be moving or not moving and be completely illegal. A screen can be moving or not be moving and be completely legal. Using the term in my opinion clouds the actual rule. You do not have to agree, but there are many examples that a moving screen is shown to be legal. The Simplified and Illustrated book is a great example of that.

Peace