Thread: mechanics
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 10, 2005, 01:00pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by bgtg19
I could be completely off base here, but I think the original question may be asking: When there is a 10-second violation, where and to whom does the official signal the violation?

If that is the question, I would say that the proper mechanic would be to: (a) raise the open hand to stop the clock, (b) face the table and signal a 10-second vioalation with both hands up and fingers spread, (c) point to the spot where the throw in will occur, and (d) signal the direction in which play will resume.

If the question is which direction to show/make your visible count, I agree with the others that it is only important to make your count visible, consistent and clear.
I disagree with this. Facing the table could mean putting your back to the players and/or court.

I agree with most of the points already mentioned. I count towards the table out of habit but it isn't going to make or break an evaluation.