View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 29, 2001, 05:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Game is over at that point.

Quote:
Originally posted by APHP
I don't think the game is over. The rule(s) obviously states the scorebook of the home team shall be the official book/score. So if the home book has a tied score, the game goes into overtime. The fact that the officials left the floor seems irrevelent to me. What if the scorebook and the score borad had a tie score and the officials left the floor. Would the game be over, I think not. Also, who/where does it state that the score board is the official score-it does state that the home book is the official score. I am thinking that the officials approved a tied game when they left the floor. I am not aware of anyting/anywhere that says anything about the score board being the official score. What if the home team used a card system to keep the score posted-and not an electronic scoring. Does the "cards" become the official score.
In NF, the score is approved when the all officials leave the vicinity of the court. So if everyone is going by the scoreboard and everyone is reacting to the scoreboard, that has to be the score. The home book and the scoreboard better be the same or there is going to be a problem. That is why any scoreboard problem has to be addressed immediately if noticed. But officials should make an effort in between quarters and during certain timeouts to make sure everything is a go. Usually if you are paying attention to who scored and when, you can avoid these problems. You should always be looking at the scoreboard from time to time, especially if there is a problem should be address at that moment. Good officials (and good officials make mistakes) should be watching and monotoring what they put up there. If not, you will have further problems down the line.

Peace