View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Okay, now that most of you have actually experienced the new NFHS libero position (we in Michigan have yet yo begin our season)...I have a question regarding the "tracker" we were informed about.

I've scanned the rule book and the rule 6-3 doesn't address it (we were told it did). If you arrive at a site and the home team does not provide a LT but the coach lists a libero on the roster/lineup does the libero still play? If not, when do you inform the coach about the requirement for a LT? Have you had any situations where this comes up?

If the visitor plays with a libero but the home team doesn't is the visitor required to provide a LT? What if the visitor tells you its the home team's job? I can then see the home team, after getting a visiting team's LT at the scorer's table then asking to play a libero.

Again, this is new and I haven't seen any of this...yet. Maybe it won't be such a big deal but they seem to have placed another "administrative" reponsibility on the officials regarding the oversite of this LT position.