View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 01, 2005, 10:55pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
2000 posts? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? You keep justifying things with the wrong facts. Rich is a nice guy, but how many of those past posts had anything to do with what we are discussing? If he was an expert on Cubs/White Sox relations, I could accept that argument. Do you choose your surgeon by how many cars he owns? That's the same logic.

WGN is a superstation. How does watching the game on TV have anything to do with filling the stadium or maintaining a loyal fan base? If you are watching it on TV, that means an awful lot of people aren't at the park. The only way it gets on is if sponsors pay the ad revenue. It sounds like a whole lot o' Cubs fans are out there. The White Sox are also broadcast on WGN, but I don't seem to see the same reaction.

Doesn't TNT carry the Braves (or is it WTBS). That is a superstation too. Which team is more popular contrywide? ...worldwide??? One team has unbelievable talent that keeps winning for Cox. The other is a perennial bridesmaid. The Cubs still own Chicago. The Cubs convention sold out in fourteen minutes last year. The only Sox Fest that will sell out will be this year. Reinsdorf will hike the prices to rape the fans too.

Life isn't fair, the Cubs are usually average and better liked than a more talented team just to their south. The White Sox had a great year and did something only three other teams have done - led wire to wire and swept the Series. If the Cubs did that, how many White Sox fans would be celebrating the accomplishment? Stop fooling yourself, almost every Cubs fan here said something nice about the White Sox. Who started this thread and what was the tone? That's right, someone seeking redemption for living in the shadows for a very long time. That speaks volumes!
Nope, not an expert on Chicago baseball. Just commenting on your "nationwide" fan base comment. WGN plays a big part. The Braves are one of the more popular teams nationwide because of TBS, but the local draw is crap. That's what happens with 14 consecutive division titles, though -- winning is expected.

Doesn't matter to me if someone has 2000 posts or 20 posts as long as they can write and think.