Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
From J.Rutledge -

"We were in a World Series, something the Cubs could not get to. I will look forward to that conversation. I will wear my Cardinal's hat so you will not forget"

When were you on the team. I looked and didn't see your picture. The Cubs were in the Worls Series, albeit it a very long time ago, but your logic is faulty again. Lastly, I don't think you'll need to remind JC of anything. His memory is very good.
I know one thing; the White Sox have been to the World Series more times in your life time than the Cubs have.

Keep trying to hold on to the "Wrigley Field" card. Wow, you pay money so that the owner of your team gives a lot of money to a bunch of players that cannot perform. It must be great to be a Cubs fan.

Peace
You know one thing...congratulations! Here's your trophy.

What does this have anything to do with whether or not the Sox will remain the red headed step child of the Chicago Baseball Family. You can collect all of the hardware you want, but if no one watches, cares or notices it is all for naught. The Cubs will always be the favored team in the Windy City and suburbs. A great ball park and a team with character, not characters (Does anyone even know what Ozzie says half of the time? The Score and ESPN have a field day with hs sound bites.) tames this nation. I've been all around the world and see Yankee and Cubs caps on smiling faces. The team with the most WS wins and the team with none in almost a century - why is it that they are so beloved? Like you said, it's great to be a Cubs fan!
I've been to games in 24 major league cities. I've been to Wrigley once, in 2003. The Cubs were stinking up the joint and I noticed something very interesting -- nobody was boo-ing, nobody was in a foul mood. Actually, it seemed as though nobody was really paying attention to the game. As a passionate baseball fan, this attitude (in the box seats -- I would hope the bleachers are a different story) befuddled me.

You can brag about the national following the Cubs have all you want -- most of it is due to the Superstation WGN factor, but you should realize this -- if fans come when the team doesn't win, what 's the incentive for the Cubs to bring a WS trophy home?

And as for ballparks, I'd rather go to one of the newer ones, myself.