View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 01, 2005, 12:03am
Official Forum Member

From J.Rutledge -

"We were in a World Series, something the Cubs could not get to. I will look forward to that conversation. I will wear my Cardinal's hat so you will not forget"

When were you on the team. I looked and didn't see your picture. The Cubs were in the Worls Series, albeit it a very long time ago, but your logic is faulty again. Lastly, I don't think you'll need to remind JC of anything. His memory is very good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spots101-

We have many things that Sox fans will never have.

1) A ball park that is the envy of the league.
2) A ball park that is fan friendly and safe.
3) A team that doesn't look like 50cent clones.
4) A team with a fan base across the country.
5) A major newspaper and television station that promotes even lackluster teams.
6) The dream...

White Sox fans have:

1) A manager they wanted to fire last year.
2) A reputation for drunk and disorderly conduct.
3) A Championship trophy, but no satisfaction and national acceptance.

The whole world watched a fourteen game lead dwindle away. From New York, to Boston and Cleveland, the world laughed at your team. Even their victory was tarnished with bad calls. That is how they will be remembered in 2005, not for leading wire to wire or sweeping the Astros. Champs who needed four outs to win. Yes, I would like to see the Cubs win a Series before I'm gone, but not at the risk of having contempt heaped upon the franchise. How many sports shows outside of Chicago are comparing this team to any of the greatest? That answer is the same as recent Cubs World Series appearances.

Enjoy the moment. It's already f-a--d---i----n-----g.