View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 31, 2005, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

LDUB,

Don't insult the BoSox fans by saying they want to be like the Cubs. Even if the curse wasn't accepted until 1986 it was a "curse" long before that, longer than that goat thing. How can the media invent the BoSox curse and not the Cubs curse? They were both perpetuated by the media. If you and the other Wrigley faithfuls want this thing to change then stop believing it's true. I guess the ChiSox fans could've held onto something like..let's say the 1919 Black Sox.

Fox Valley Blue: I never said Kerry Wood was the best of anything because he's not. Like I said, he had one good year with one great game and nothing since. He's too inconsistent both with pitching and injuries.

Listen Cub fans....you keep sticking to the fact that the Cubs have and will outdraw the Sox and as much as I hate to admit it you're right but the bottom line is you can outdraw us as long as you want but that mere fact doesn't outdraw winning a world championship. Bottom line is, we want something you have, recognition, and you want something we have, a trophy (with temporary recognition).

One more thing FVB. You either do or you don't, there is no such thing as try.