View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 31, 2005, 08:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by schwinn
We had this happen the other night and I think I got it right as the R. A is at the line. QB says set and everyone except A2 goes from a two point stance to a three point stance. About a second after they shift and a half a second before the ball is snapped A2 goes down to his three point stance and his hand hits the ground right about the time the ball is snapped. I throw the flag and call an illegal shift. I'm about half convinced this is right. Is this the right call?
We had a similar situation... During conference with visiting coach for team B he gives us the "we have had this happen to us this year..." Anyway... Team A breaks the huddle and heads to the LOS. The linemen and backs are all set. Before the QB goes under center, he has his WR go in motion (between the QB and Center) once the WR passes him, he steps under center and has the ball snapped while the WR is still in motion. We flag it for illegal shift. Needless to say in the conference with coach B we told him that this was in fact a penatly so we were basically forced to call it all night!!! Coach B got us. We ended up calling the illegal shift 11 times that night.