View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 28, 2005, 06:46pm
Official Forum Member

From San Diego Steve -

"Sorry, you have a very forgetable baseball team.

We were talking about baseball, not babies. You are comparing apples and cubbies.

As far as peaking twenty years ago, what the hell are you babbling about? What does making a reference to a moment in history have to do with "peaking". You are the idiot everyone here thinks you are. Cheap shot away, dufus.:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The Cubs aren't mine. I root for them, but again your judgement is amiss. If they are so forgettable, why is it that the country (not just the north side of Chicago) went crazy at the thought of Boston and Chicago meeting in the Series a couple years ago? There are Chicago Cub fans throughout the US. Retirees take their allegiance along with their belongings to warmer climates. That loyalty was brought about by the Cubbies' heart and futility. They captured the imaginations of little boys and old ladies. The world is waiting for them to shake that monkey off their backs; almost one hundred years by my count.

2) You are the wunderkid that said that the sweetest sound you ever heard was Jerry Coleman. That simply shows your immaturity. For those of us with children and/or grandchildren, your statement shows a lack of judgement. Your words that tripped you up, not mine. When you use superlatives you need to be aware of the ramifications. You've been told that about one hundred billion times, right? (Sweetest is a euphemism for favorite or best, in case you forgot.)

3) Your reference to 1984 was not an allusion to a moment in history. You made a couple of statements that have told us that this was your highlight real. "Peaked" sounds accurate to me. Come to think of it, you sound a lot like DaveinSoCal. Hmmmm?

4) Like I wrote earlier, I don't need to take shots at you. Others seems to be aware that your words do more damage than any of ours.