View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 04:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ThickSkin
Well, IMO I worked a HS game with a college official once and he told me during the pre-game that "we are going to officiate this like a college game. If they take it to the basket and get fouled (his exact words) and the basket doesn't fall then we have a foul. If the shot goes, then it isn't a foul."
This is one of my pet peeves. I have worked HS games where my partner wears his CCA jacket out on the floor, instead of his HS jacket. This tells me he's not ready to work this game, or somehow this game isn't as important as his college games. That's not fair to his partner(s) or the kids. It's the same thing when you walk into your grade school game and talk to your partner about that great HS rivalry game you've got this Fri. night. You're just showing you're not ready for this game.

Sure, when you move up, you want people to know; it's natural to want to brag a little. But most times it's best to just brag to the people who are on the same level as you to avoid any unwanted resentment.

(Used with permission.)