View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 20, 2005, 10:54pm
MPLAHE

Here are a few questions I missed - anyone help me clarify my mistakes

1) B-1 intentionally extentends his/her leg to block the pass. Ball hits A-1 in the inner thigh. Official rules this a kicking violation. Is the official correct? I answered no because I did not know what A-1's intent was since the question only referenced B-1. If the ball hit off A-1's inner thigh, who was perhaps just standing and did not intentionally attempt to kick the ball, why would this be a kicking violation? the correct answer was yes.

2) A-1's try is in flight when A-2 fouls B-2. Ball enters the basket. Team B is not in the bonus. Official rules team B may run the end line. Is the official correct? Since the ball was in flight, I felt the basket should count since the play was not dead until the try or tap ended and B should be able to run the endline per 7-5-7. the answer was no.

3) A-1 is fouled while tapping a rebound toward his/her basket. Ball enters basket. Official rules a tap is treated the same as a try, counts the basket and awards A-1 one free throw. Is the official correct? my answer was yes, since the foul did not cause the ball to become dead on a try or tap. the correct answer was no.