Thread: IAABO vs. NFHS
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 19, 2005, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by ThickSkin
Is there a difference? I would think that they are both one in the same.
As JR pointed out, they're not the same. IAABO is a training and teaching organization. That's it. They don't make the rules. They simply develop their own training materials and disseminate them to their membership. The Colorado board will use IAABO materials in its training sessions.

And, if you discover that you don't like being in IAABO, don't worry about it too much. Colorado will be leaving IAABO in the next 2 or 3 years.

Quote:
Originally posted by the ex-Whackinator
But their officials manual seems to be different.

Anyone know what brought in place this change?

I only know that IAABO felt that a couple of the FED's 2-whistle mechanics (viz., TO positioning and coverage of the Lead's sideline above the FT line) were sub-optimal. So they advise their membership to do it differently from FED standards. IAABO also incorporated these differences into an "E-Board" type format (with color pictures of various situations) and inserted that into the mechanics manual. This essentially replaced the FED's 2-whistle mechanics. IAABO left the 3-whistle section alone, as far as I can tell.