Thread: Cursing
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 18, 2005, 12:21am

Quote:
Originally posted by jicecone
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
I never pay the least slight attention to coaches yelling from the dugout or from the coaching boxes In fact, I have never had an ejection. I know that they can get emotional, and I give them a few seconds to calm down. Of course, I haven't had one go over the edge verbally. There were a few I could have ejected for their actions.

In fact, I've done this a few times to bench jockeys when I feel they have crossed the line.

I call time. Walk over to the dugout. I say calmly, "It ends right now or I'm going to eject the person I think is responsible. You might want to want to get somebody ready in the bullpen". Not that I would do that of course, but it really quites them down a lot.

Another method I have used when I have a coach yelling from the dugout. I stop, take off my mask, step in front of home plate, and tell the coach, "You'll have to yell a lot louder please, I'm hard of hearing, and I don't read lips." Then I brush the plate with my rear end facing their dugout. It let's them know they won't be getting anywhere with that today.

Anyway, I'm in my happy place when I'm on a ballfield. I refuse to let somebody ruin it for me and everybody else out there. There will probably be alot of people out there that don't agree with me. However, I haven't had any complaints that I know of. The coaches that know me best, know that at least they have an umpire out there that will hustle, and is not too vain to try to get the call right.
Lets all join hands and prepare for a group hug. Cum by Ah, my lord, Cum by Ah. All together now.

Hey blue,could you kindly move your "rear," I can't see home plate. Thank you Blue. Gag#@$$#$$$burp@#$%^&*
Could I get a translator? I don't understand gibberish.