View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 03, 2005, 07:14am
Official Forum Member

Saturday, fresh off a 83-12 game on Friday night, I show up at 9:00AM for pee wee games. Only to hear the same whinning from the coaches. The Defense can't move, uhh? The offense can only have 5 men on the line, uhh?

Coaches coaching only to promote their own child. This was a problem for me Saturday. We had two officials to work three games that day before leaving to another 3 games up the road. After the game, I explained to the HC of the high school program who at this point has one win under their belt why in my opinion is program was down. The coaching, they don't teach, they just want to win! Kids do not even know how to line up on the ball, officials basically have to always line up the players to prevent flag after flag. Then if you throw one, they say, "you miss one earlier," you guys have heard it before. One coach verbally abusive with profanity toward the players while in TO, this is 3-4 and 5-6 grade children.

Well, I then leave to finish out the day, working for free for the Shriner's, three great games. Only two USC on two different coaches and teams, not at bad evening. I worked from 9AM to 7:30PM Saturday, just to hear coaches whine over anything and everything. The reward was walking off the field knowing that the latter part of the day was great, donations to the Shriner's, to help local kids in need of medical needs.