Thread: F' Bombs
View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 20, 2005, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
Quote:
Originally posted by Texoma_LJ
Another way to handle the situation isto simply walk over to the coach and simply state...

"Coach, I don't know who said it, but I swear I heard someone over hear dropping the F-Bomb. I'd appreciate it if you would tell whoever it is to stop it, becuase if I do hear it again and can't identify who it was, the bench will get that USC and that will belong to you. Thanks, I appreciate your help coach."
Ha! I get it, "swear"! Nice!

Sorry, late game last night. As for foul language, coaches, players, or fans, if you hear it put a stop to it. Many of the suggestions here are good. If you know who said it, a simple "Coach, watch the language," or "Clean up the language guys" would be fine. If you bring it to a coach's attention when a player says something 9 times out of 10 that player is either pulled out for a play and spoken to or someone says something to him immediately. There's no place in a HS or below game for foul language.

That holds true for officials too! Worked a game with a guy who cussed on the field, not loud enough for anyone other than me to hear but still shouldn't have happened.