View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 14, 2005, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Just to be clear about my earlier post: The mechanics manual that we normally get from IAABO is the FED manual. Last year, however, IAABO replaced the 2-whistle portion of the FED manual with their own and distributed it with the FED rulebook and casebook.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
you are kidding right? IAABO is not gonna let their 1,000,000 monkeys with typewriters loose again to write a mechanics manual for the rest of us, are they? Please say it ain't so. That would be the end of life as we know it.
It's not that different. I'm pretty sure that there are only two differences in the 2-whistle portion (which is the only portion I've seen).

First, IAABO mechanics call for the "old" time-out positions: one official with the ball at the spot and the other official at the midcourt line.

Second, when the ball goes OOB in the frontcourt on the Lead's sideline above the FT line extended, FED mechanics say the Lead switches to the Trail position and administers the FT, b/c it was his sideline to begin with. (Obviously, the Trail switches to be the new Lead.) The IAABO mechanic is for the old Trail to administer the throw-in and the old Lead to assume his new position on the opposite side of the FT lane.

Those don't seem like very "funny" differences to me. I could live with either option.