View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 13, 2005, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

These are the first 10 questions to the Part II test in Georgia for certified and approved officials. This is my first year taking this test, as it's only my third year officiating and I have previously taken the registered test. I have listed the questions, and then followed with my answers. Please, if you think I'm wrong... tell me... I'm trying to learn.

The following questions relate to Diagram #1 (which is a punt, you really don't need the diagram to answer the questions). This is a punt by K, with the ball being snapped from Ks 15 yard line, with the kicker standing at Ks three yard line.

1. Number exclusions allow K44 to participate as a lineman and K52 to participate as a back. As such, K52 is an eligible pass receiver. True

2. R61 beats K44 quickly to the outside at the snap. The ball is in the hands in the punter (12 yards behind the center). K44 may block R61 in the back in the free blocking zone as he passes because they were both on the line of scrimmage at the snap. False

3. On a short but high kick, R15 signals for a fair catch well beyond the neutral zone and muffs the ball off his shoulder pad a Ks 20 yard line. The ball rolls into the end zone where it is recovered by K. This is a touchback. False (I initially read the question wrong and answered true).

4. R15 blocks K24 below the waise during the return of the scrimmage kick after change of possession. This penalty will be enforced under PSK. False

5. After the RFP until the snap, K24 remains outside the nine yard field marker. This is an illegal formation. True

6. After the RFP signal until the snap R10 remains outside the nine yard field marker. This is illegal. False

7. After Coach R determines K is going to punt he quickly and successfully substitutes R37 for R12. He suddenly changes his mind and replaces R37 with R12 prior to the snap. This is legal. True

8. K punts on THIRD down. It is a high but short kick, hitting the ground five yards beyong the neutral zone, rebounding behind the neutral zone. K44 attempts to recover but muffs the ball out of bounds at Ks 11 yard line. It is now first and ten for R at Ks 11 yard line. True

9. R12 and R15 both signal for a fair catch. The ball sails over the head of R12 and is bounding at the 50 yard line, after which R15 decides to block K24. R12 falls on the ball. This is an illegal block and should be enforcedby PSK enforcement. True

10. A fair catch of this scrimmage kick may be made by ANY R player including linemen, in or beyond the neutral zone to Rs goal line. True

I will probably add the rest of the questions as time permits.