View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 01, 2001, 12:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Flannery
NCAA rules here ... On any "T" you go back to the point of interuption to resume play. Well I have some interesting things to ask about that, and make you guys put your thinking caps on for the season.

Play 1 : A4 dunks the ball in pregmae warm-ups. So to start the game B gets 2 shots. Then what do we do?

Play 2 : A3 tries a 3 point shot, A2 and B2 punch each other, as the ball goes through the hoop. What do we do?

Play 3 : A1 tries to go up for a dunk. He realizes that he needs to grab the rim first to dunk the ball. Then after he grabs the rim he dunks the ball. What do we have here?
OK - Firstly I realise you are asking about NCAA rules, but according to FIBA rules (which may or may not help you):

Play 1: Team B shoots 2 free throws, game resumes with jump ball.

Play 2: If A2 and B2 punch each other while the ball is in flight, count the basket, double disqaulifying foul. Game resumes with inbound at baseline by Team B (penalties for the DQ's cancel each other out).

Play 3: A1 Technical foul, no basket - it is illegal to intentionally grab onto the ring, except when releasing the ring may cause an injury to you, or another player.

Again - I realise these are FEEBLE rules, but I would assume that NCAA would be similar, if not the same.

Hope this helps.

Visit www.geocities.com/oz_referee