Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Again, if the defender's on the floor what does the dribbler gain by tripping over him?
The dribbler gains an automatic blocking foul on the defender, according to a strict application of AR23, no?
Could be, I'll keep that in mind for when I see a dribbler purposefuly run over a defender laying on the floor. [/B]
Aw, c'mon........

I'm just trying to (seriously) find out how far you take AR23. Time/distance never applies?

I can see that AR applying to a post player turning, and then starting their move unaware that a defender's down there and not really having a chance to stop or change direction before falling over the defender. But.....is there no limit though in NCAA? [/B][/QUOTE]

I already gave you my answer. Virtually every time a dribbler sees a player, any player, on the floor he moves to avoid him. As a practical matter if the dribbler trips over a player on the floor I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt virtually every time. As a rules matter, the AR says B1 "has taken an illegal defensive position". To me, taking an illegal defensive position means he can neither establish LGP nor maintain LGP. If B1 has taken an illegal defensive position then he is solely responsible for any subsequent contact.

In virtually every case.