View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 30, 2005, 06:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
And...are the numbers 0 and 00?

Ok, anyway, the reason I asked is because if they were listed as identical numbers in the book, then yes, at the 10 minute mark it should be penalized. But the way the question is worded, it says, "he notices that A6 and A7 are wearing identical numbers". If that's the case, and the book looks ok, then I wouldn't penalize until the one with the number different than what's listed in the book comes into the game.
Of course, I am laughing at the 0 and 00 comment.

The rest of your thinking in the paragraph that follows is exactly backwards though.

NFHS penalizes the actual wearing of identical numbers right when it is discovered, even if the team members never enter the game. (3.2.2B is in the 04-05 book too. Good work, Bob.)
If something is incorrect in the book, that is penalized when the book NEEDS to be changed. So you have some leeway here.

As for #2:
Juggling Referee wrote, "I do not believe 3 shots can be awarded for a T. Fed: It specifically states that a T is 2 + possession + seatbelt. Some other tool must be used to give A the chance to win."
I agree with that.
Thanks for sharing IAABO's interp though, Chuck.