View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 29, 2005, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kdf5
Quote:
Originally posted by Texoma_LJ
Called first game this year substituting on a different crew for an 8-man game and field had no marks at all. Problem is there is nothing in the rule book that addresses this issue for 8-man fields either.

But with the final score being 64-28 and a heat index of 114 degrees at kickoff, it wouldnt have made a big difference anyway, both teams huddled in midfield all night.
My state says 8-man fields have 7 yard marks instead of 9. Are you the same?
Quote:
Originally posted by kentref
[My state says 8-man fields have 7 yard marks instead of 9. Are you the same?
The 8 player fields are supposed to have 7 yard marks instead of 9 yard marks. [/B][/QUOTE]

From what I have heard, South Dakota is placing 7-yard marks on the field on their own. The fed rule has not changed. It is in the back of the rules book, behind the overtime procedures, under 9-man, 8-man, and 6-man rules differences. It is under rule 7b. It is still 12 yards from the ball. If a field you are working 8-man has the marks then you may want to use them for reference because if your state has not adopted them then you don't have any rule to back you up if you call IF when the player was outside the marks but within 12 yards.