View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 24, 2005, 08:23am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Primary?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Quote:
Originally posted by socalreff
What no one has mentioned in all this is that in 2 man the post call from the trail when the ball is in lead's corner is the TRAIL's primary, NOT the lead's. Obviously, the lead does not know coverages if he thought it was his call. Why hasn't anbody talked about this? If I knew my partner was a 2nd year official, I would put him in the know about coverage areas depending on where the ball is. Since we teach this exact play in our unit, our guys probably would know it already.
Maybe I don't understand what you are saying but I interpret that you are suggesting that the trail reach all the way across the court to the leads corner to make a call?? If that's what you're saying, you might have missed something when your board was teaching that because I'm pretty sure that's not what they said.
I don't think that's what he's saying. He's saying that when the ball is in the lead's corner, that the trail must watch the post players, even if the post players are on L's side of the lane.

I agree.

The "primary areas" determine who watches the ball, and the defender(s) nearest the ball, and any on-ball screens, etc. The other official(s) watch(es) everything else.