View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 21, 2005, 05:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RedCisc
How about this twist re: an onside kick? NF

You people are so helpful to a new person like me. Thank you so much! I hope that you don't feel like you are taking my exam for me, its just that some of these scenarios require alot more experience than a rookie has to offer.

NF Case scenario: On an onside kickoff from the A-40, A82 muffs the rolling ball at the A-48, and then falls on the ball at the A-49. After A82 muffed the ball, B51 spun him around by his facemask at the A-48, but A82 was still able to recover the ball there.

I think I read that Ruling 6.1.1 establishes the free kick lines as: the 40 yard line for team A and the 50 yard line for team B. (“These lines are always 10 yards apart"). Rule 6.1.6 states “If any kicker touches a free kick before it crosses R’s free-kick line and before it is touched there by any R player, it is referred to as “first touching” of the kick.” R may take the ball at the spot of first touching, ....

I understand this to mean that it will be B’s ball at the A-48.

However the last sentence says, "The right of R to take the ball at the spot of first touching by K is canceled if R touches the kick and thereafter during the down commits a foul or if the penalty is accepted for any foul committed during the down."

So does that mean it is A's ball @ A-49?

I'm sorry to be so voluminous.