View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 17, 2005, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

My mother always taught me that you can learn something from EVERYONE, no matter who they are.

You have now learned to treat your partner with respect, or end up looking like your partner for those contests.

You have learned the well placed advice of trusting your partner to take care of his....and and if you get into another situation where you KNOW that he ( whomever your partner may be ) can't... its time to step your game up and begin looking at the game from a different prespective: as crew cheif. Just make sure your secondary/out of area calls are OBVIOUS/SIGNIFICANT, and/or they ABSOLUTELY need to be called.....would be my advice.

Personally, I try to use even the lowest level of summer ball to sharpen my game for the season, and from what I have been taught, allowing O/S things to occur in a game without calling them simply for the fact that they are not in your primary may not be the best habit to get into.

I have to say that if you were my partner, I would have appreciated the look on the oob if I had missed it or was unsure... because it gives me an opportunity to take care of mine instead of giving any perception of " is he gonna make all the calls for you tonight? " and other subtle challenges offered by coaches during the game.

Good luck