View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 13, 2005, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
Quote:
Originally posted by CecilOne
Quote:
Originally posted by AtlUmpSteve
[QUOTEFella's, I think we are getting a bit off line here, and we are entering a discomfort zone. This is a softball rules and mechanics discussion board. We don't name names or deal with personalities of individuals. That should apply to our UIC's as well as our umpire partners.

Other boards have lost credibility and members for those reasons. We certainly aren't there, but we are headed in that general direction with this thread. JMHO.
Good point. Might I suggest the posters delete those comments?
While this wasn't the intent of my thread, I feel like I'm getting some good input from people with experience on this subject/person. Any valuable input on this board is always a good thing, not just rules and mechanics, but other things also. I remamber a thread a few months ago about an umpire who was thinking of hanging up his mask because of the people he was calling with all the time. Kinda gave me the impression I might not be comfortable over there either.

Besides, like my daddy always said, " If it's true, don't worry about it! "

Why is it that this thread is causing so much concern, when one of the " gurus " on this board will occasionally bash and ridicule statements and people and only a few mild objections are raised about thosse comments? Don't see much difference.