View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 10, 2005, 02:16pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Re: Re: Re: Re: Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
If you are completely incompatible with a certain official, then I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to work with him/her. It's not a good situation for yourself or anybody else, including the teams involved.
Agreed.

Quote:
The problem is though that you have to give up those assignments if you do it the way you mentioned.
There are TONNES of games to do around here. Not getting that one Varsity game a year or the Juvenile semi doesn't bother me.

Quote:
What would happen if you had a heart-to-heart with your assignor instead of just turning down an assignment?
That's a good way to handle it. However, if you were to ever meet my assignor... well... nepitism runs high. Don't get me wrong - I benefit form it at times - the mood seems to change all the time. In fact, I even dual with a nearby board to get away from the poop that is here.

Quote:
Jmo, but I think that any reasonable and competent assignor should know his officials and also know who to put together- or keep apart- to get the best game results. The assignor should also try to find out why an official doesn't want to work with another official. If it's just a personality or philosophical clash between two officials, then it's really no biggie for the assignor. Just try to keep 'em away from each other- unless you happen to get stuck. If one of the officials is acting like the clown mentioned above in this thread, then the assignor should know about that too- and he should also do something about it when he does find out. You don't want people like that representing your association or driving good officials away. Jmo.