View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 10, 2005, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
Quote:
Originally posted by BretMan
Ah, the old "this happened to a friend of mine" routine. Fess up, TexBlue, that was your call in your game, wasn't it!

(Just kidding with you.)

If things happened exactly as you stated (after all, you're getting a second-hand account from your "friend") you...I mean, "your friend"...got it right.

I would absolutely love to hear the UIC's explaination of how this call was "blown" and what justification he would have for calling this a foul ball. Good fiction amuses me!
Shucks, I get enough screwy situations without having to shanghai someone else's. Actually I was a little farther south in Harlingen at the PONY Nationals that week. (Glen, you can have all that weather you want. I woke up 2 or 3 days, thinking I was in Louisiana.)

I got this situation in an email this morning and I thought I'd see what I might be missing. There was no reason given. Richard Crocker was the UIC and I've always considered him as very good. I thought there might be some situation in the Case Book or some part of the rule I had forgotten or overlooked. Like you, I thought he might have gotten mixed up ( You know how UIC's can get in the middle of big tournaments) and just thought because it never crossed 3rd base, it was a foul ball.

I'm trying to get an answer back from Wayne (the PU) as to what reason he was given. I'm sure he got one. He's kinda like me, if he's told he blew a rule, there's gonna be some Rule Books coming out to discuss it with, in the Umpire's dress area. While you can tell me I'm right without proving it, you just need to back up the comment if you tell me I'm wrong.