View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 07:47am
Official Forum Member

Re: Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
Situation. Pass play. A55 is flagged for holding. A12 throws a pass that is intercepted by B21 During the run back B30 blocks in the back. B21 is then tackled at the B40 by A80 with a 15 yard facemask.

By rule B has to decline BOTH fouls on A to keep the ball. To me, if after the change of possession, if A fouls it should be enforced from the suceeding spot. If B fouls after the change then offset them but B keeps the ball at the suceeding spot. My point is that under the current rules, other that a dead ball/non player foul, A can get a "free shot" in at no penalty. Not a good thing.
  • Team A will of course accept the block from the rear, so it and the facemask will applied from point ball held (point where ball was held at time of the block from the rear). Since both are 15 yards, the distance parts offset. So, it's B 1D/10 @ PBH of block from the rear.
  • If I'm understanding your last point, you're saying that both the block in the back by B and the face mask by A are accepted and enforced. Per 10-2-1c, if the team in final possession accepts the penalty for its opponent's foul, the penalties cancel and the down is replayed. So in that situation, wouldn't you replay the down instead of it being B's ball?