Thread: Runner On Base
View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 07, 2005, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Love this Game
Quote:
Originally posted by whaddayouknow
Though I understand the satisfaction acheived by coming here and calling the umpire names, perhaps your efforts might be better served if you study up on how to properly protest a game at the time something like this occurs in the future.
Well first of all sir, I did protest it correctly, I have been officiating NSA for 10 years.

This is an umpire we have known for years, and that comment was not made at him due to the fact that he is an umpire, it was do to the fact that he is an idiot.

This is a guy who calls infield fly with runners on 1st and 3rd.

Calls a dead ball when an over throw goes into the outfield.

So to be honest I call them like i see them. And if i was this terrible I would have no problem with someone calling me the smae thing.

But that was no attack on you or anyone else in here ok.

And to be honest, after the fact it really was not important to protest we were up by 10 or 11. And my team wanted me to protest it, but i told them that we are up. Lets get the game over with and get off his diamond. Some umpires are approachable, this one is not. I have worked a two man crew with this guy.

He was on the bases, a guy asked him a ? very nicely and he threw him out told him he does not have the right to ask a ?.
So, why is this "idiot" still umpiring? Oh my, I asked a question. Am I ejected, too?

It's not your place to show this guy the rules. It's the job of the assignor, or the association rules chairperson.

Bob

[Edited by bluezebra on Aug 7th, 2005 at 01:31 PM]