Old Fri Aug 05, 2005, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
A dead parrot?

You can't return 'em.
But look at the plumage!! Lovely plumage, eh?
He's not dead, he's...stunned.

(...sniff) I can't believe the (...sniff...) love flowing around this place now. It's beautiful, man. My screen is so sparkling clean after wiping off my tears (...sniff, sniff...).

Ok, I'm over it. Now, there's already been discussions over the plays themselves, but there's one point that seemed kinda missing: where's Gen. Otis T. Whackenator? Why wasn't this guy given the T at the first hint of a complaint? Maybe my tolerance level is low compared to some for men's rec league games, but I think this guy used up all his "benefit of the doubt" points the second he made his comment. Any remarks made after that should've earned him a T. Even if this guy is more experienced than WeekendRef, there are 101 better ways to help him out rather than trying to show his "superiority" during the game. Let's even say Weekend was wrong on both plays. I still don't think that allows the "ref" to act the way he did. We wouldn't allow that behavior in a higher level game - whay would it be allowed here, ESPECIALLY from someone who should know better?

(Used with permission.)