View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 01, 2005, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Love this Game
We dont have to go the length of the court to administer a free throw. We just put it in play at the POI.

I realize you're speaking as a player, but I can't let this one slide. After a team control foul, the ball is not put in play at the POI. Remember at the POI, Team A had the ball. So if we put the ball back in at the POI, we'd have to give it to Team A after that team committed the foul. The ball is always given to the offended team at the spot closest to where the team control foul occured.

Quote:
I would not like this call based on the fact that A1 has the ball A2 set an illegal screen on B1 and B team is shooting 1 and 1. Especially near the end of the game and we are down 1.

If an official calls an illegal screen in the last minute of a one point game, s/he will be lucky to walk off the court in one piece. Your scenario is just not going to happen unless the kid goes into a 3-point stance and bull-rushes the defender. And no player is going to do that with a one point lead and 30 seconds left. Don't even worry about this scenario.