Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by Love this Game
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by Love this Game
Tony you seem to be the man to ask regarding rules, so I want to be totally clear abt this.

A1 has the ball, A2 sets an illegal screen on B2. Under the new rule are you saying that we will treat it as it was a player control foul and no foul shooting for B2 if A is in the penalty.

Is that an correct assessment.
Yes, it is. If A has team control and a member of A commits a foul, no FTs are shot by B unless the foul is intentiuonal, flagrant, or technical.
So my ? is this, what is teh logic of making this rule change.

Dosent that take away from good defense from the defensive team.

In reality taking a charge requires much better defense than running into an illegal screen, so wouldn't a PC foul penalize it more?
BZ we all know on a player control foul no one shoots, but based on this new rule we will be shooting less free throws and wont have to call a foul and walk all the way down the other side of the court just to shoot. I dont like it as a player, I could really care less as an official it really helps us as far as we dont have to remember who the person who is to be shooting freethrows at the other end is anymore. We dont have to go the length of the court to administer a free throw. We just put it in play at the POI.

BZ well now i am speaking as a player not an official, I would not like this call based on the fact that A1 has the ball A2 set an illegal screen on B1 and B team is shooting 1 and 1. Especially near the end of the game and we are down 1.

But if B3 fouls A3 off ball and A is in the 1 and 1 they get to shoot.

In my last post I was talking more as a player not an official. Does this help you out now with what I was saying.

[Edited by Love this Game on Aug 1st, 2005 at 07:08 AM]

15 Year OHSAA BASKETBALL OFFICIAL
10 Year NSA Umpire