View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 26, 2005, 07:04am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by PeteBooth
He asks if I asks if that type of situation would occur again if I would say "infield fly" louder.

I agree with Jicecone, Lawrence and TEE. As they say in Brooklyn NY when it comes to Fans - "Forget about it" If the Fan is that unruly and making it virtually impossible to continue to do the game then let the TD / Coaches handle. If they do not it's an easy pay-day.

IMO, the point that no-one has brought up concerning this post is why you bothered to respond to a coach who said "if I would say "infield fly" louder".

My response would be "What did you say I can't hear you"
Do not even converse with coaches who Do not know the rules and are that ignorant. They got "burned" and are now trying to put the blame on blue. Simply walk off into right field somewhere and do not even respond to such nonsense. Chances are the Coach will not follow.

As umpires we simply give the rule and respond to questions about the interpretation of it and that's it. We do not RESPOND to "can we say it louder next time"

Chances are if you simply walked away none of the fan nonsense would have occured as well.

Pete Booth
Pete,

Just to clarify, the fan did not say that to me and the coach is the one who took care of it as I asked him to.