View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2005, 04:23pm
Official Forum Member

Crowder- you are exactly right and I agree 100% with you. We are to officiate "on the field" and that is the way I do it as I've only had to throw out 2 fans as well and they were both simultaneous (one was a woman with one leg!!). Sometimes I do let fans get to me but I still choose to ignore it. Fans piss me off, but I ignore them. Here in East Tennessee we are told by our assignor and by every single tournament director to dump any fans that give us problems, while most of them say problems do not include arguing, but only when they get personal with you. I try to handle it professionally and play the deaf ear, but when you umpire with guys who throw parents out as regular as coaches, it makes you think twice. But I definately agree with your statement. It's just at these little parks with kids playing, if you have some idiotic parent going on about something, most of the time it seeps to the other parents, then to the coach, and then to the players which ends in a complete catastrophe. Couldn't these situations be prevented?