View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TBBlue
HS we get paid at the end of Feb, March and Playoffs. Annual Association Dues come out of the last check.

Legion--cash at the plate. For DH, between games. One coach bounced a check to someone a couple of years ago and he was shocked nobody showed up to his next game. Umpire did get paid.

AAU--Cash at the plate. For DH, between games.

LL-- If through association, one week lead time. If through league or district, sometime this year if you hound them enough. Next year if you are a nice guy. (I'm not a nice guy if it is specifically a pay game).

Rec leagues Vary--Some fields cash at plate, others cash after game from coach (don't like this one at all) and others cash at concession stand after game. Still others cut checks once a week.

Our association prefers Tee's route because we were stiffed by local NABA teams a few years back. The guys did the games, league assured they would make good, and I don't know if National office of NABA has settled yet. We don't do NABA anymore, so I assume it did not get settled. That league has folded. It was approximately $1300 in game fees.

We allow Legion to still pay cash because they are tied in pretty tight with the schools, and the Legion Posts in the area are all very reputable.