View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 16, 2005, 04:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
We have an "official" in our high school association that insists that batter boxes, foul lines, on deck circles and coaches boxes have to be drawn before a game starts. I could have sworn that I have seen in the Fed rule book where it says it is optional but per 1-2-1 if they are drawn they must be drawn with a material that is not injurious to the eyes or skin and that lime or caustic material of any kind is prohibited. It may have been a couple years ago that it was in the rule book saying that the lines are optional. Can anyone help me out on this?

This guy has benn known to hold up starting ball games till all of the lines were drawn (on deck and coaches boxes included) and has been known to draw them himself. Tee would love calling with this guy!

The lines are not optional, but he has no authority to force the home team to make changes. The only one who could do that is the visiting coach. If he agrees to play on a non-regulation field, that's it. (2-5-2)

Cowboyfan, tell old Smitty to stay in his day job because he ain't getting no more work at night. Seriously!

Heck, I apologize to Smitty. Not even he is that ridiculous.

[Edited by Carl Childress on Jul 16th, 2005 at 06:06 PM]