View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 15, 2005, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

I guess I'm very glad to deal with this the way we do, even if I do get my money 10 days later than you guys. It is not the coach writing us a check from his personal account (one we would have to worry about bouncing, as Pete alluded to --- sidenote Pete - if a coach can go to Tahiti on the check he's paying you for a game, you're being paid WAY more than me).

It's the school districts that send out the checks. If I happen to work more than one night in the same district, it's one check for all of those game. Most districts wait until Friday and send out checks for all the games the past week. Football does it exactly the same way.

All I have to do is fill out a tax form the first time I work in a new district, and then a brief form when I show up to the game - the concessions lady always has the form ready when we get there.

Youth ball is slightly different. I track all of my umpires games, and tell the commish who to make out checks for and for how much (she double checks them against her records - we sign in before each game). We get hand-delivered checks each week for the prior week's games.