View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 01, 2001, 02:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Yes! Yes! I have had this problem!! Didn't know it had a name. I wish we could have a shoe-and-insert-weekend somewhere so I could see and try all thiese different options.

The other problem I had this spring was losing toenails. I lost five over the course of about three weeks in May/June. Anyone care to suggest anything for this problem? Padgett, is this more than you care to know!?!?!?!?
Black toe nails usually occur from your toes bumping the front of your shoes.... Three things to consider:
1. Lace up your shoes tighter, making sure you heel is as far back as it can go. This may help in keeping your toes away from the front of the shoes you're currently using.
2. If you like the existing shoe size you currently use, experiment with different brands. The "Toe Box" in shoes vary a lot with different brand names.
3. If you like the existing shoe brand you currently use, get the next size larger.
When I run 50 and 100 mile races, I'll go a size or 2 larger with the shoes I'll race in to compensate for the swelling that occurs and to keep my toes as far back as I can.

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he could be gone every weekend.