View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
Just got done reading Peter's article on the paid site. No problem with what he wrote as in a number of ways, how true, how true.

However he blew it with this. In talking about his son raising his soon to be born kid:
Quote:
My son's wife is due to have my first grandchild in September, and I trust that he will follow his own advice. If I may be sexist for a moment, he should have an easier time of it because the new grandkid is a girl.

Obviously Peter does not call softball or girls basketball. I call basketball and parents and coaches are 10 times worst than the boys. Every basketball offical I know would rather call little kids than girls basketball. Softball is just as bad from what I have been told repeatedly. The fact that is "Daddy's little girl" out there is the basis for it on top of the fact that there is such a push to cram womens sports down our throats by the media. Mommy and Daddy think their little girl can make lots of money too. That sooner or later the women will make the same money the men do for a shorter season (see the WNBA season length, only 2 sets in tennis vs 3 for the men, 3 rounds of golf instead of 4 for the men, etc). Now I don't want to seem sexist in that women should not be playing sports. Done right, they can have all the positive that sports bring. But have you seen how empty those WNBA and college basketball areas are? Do you really think they will last? Well maybe they will at the cost of men's sports, at least in the NCAA ranks.

Besides most parents will agree on this, girls are easier young and 10 times harder than boys in the teen years.

1 sentence too many Peter. Great articles otherwise.

[Edited by cowbyfan1 on Jul 8th, 2005 at 07:51 AM]
Obviously you don't have a daughter. What a sexist gross generalization bunch of crap. Hey this is America a land of EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. If you don't like don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out!!!!!!!!!!!