Thread: Unejection?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 06, 2005, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to chiquita
Quote:
Originally posted by SF
We just wrapped up a big tournament this weekend. Great ball and I was lucky enough to get to work the two semi-finals (this is my first year of tournament ball), but I hung around to watch the championship game. This had a couple of the "big guns" of umpiring in the area working, so I was excited to see them work such a high caliber game.

Well, about the third inning one team's pitcher hit the other team's catcher in the helmet with a change-up. Apparently she had also been hit in an earlier game between the two teams in the tournament. This lead to the coach screaming about beanballs and USC, but the situation was resolved. However, at the half inning he came out to argue further, talking to both the 1B and 3B umpires. The 1B umpire eventually gave him the big heave-ho, but then the 3B umpire told the other umpire to calm down and apparently unejected the coach, who was instead told to remain in the dugout the rest of the game. Is there any rule that permits this kind of action by another umpire?
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOUGHT NOT TO OVERTURN ANOTHER UMPIRES RULING UNLESS HE ASK. ANY JUDGEMENT CALLS, IF QUESTIONED, SHOULD BE DONE AFTER THE GAME AND AWAY FROM THE FIELD.